Monday, October 1, 2012

Long time - no see

I have been out of the loop of blogging now for a while and I feel the need to get back here and be held accountable and get my life organized again.  I have started with my personal planner and will be dealing with all my notebooks/binders.  I want to rid myself of the excess paper in my file cabinet and only keep a few binders.

The binders that I have are (in no particular order)

Financial - where I keep bills to be paid and the paid bills by category

Kitchen - In this binder I keep my pantry and freezer inventory, printable and blank grocery list, Food storage guidelines including one for meats, meal planners, recipes to try and some of the favorites (they are kept in a page protector, take out menus, cleaning tips and homemade recipes for cleaners

Warranty and Manuals - this is where I keep the warranty, manuals and receipts for each item.  I even have the kitchen hand mixer and toaster in there.  Not just electronics

Spiritual - Prayer and Praise request/reports, sermon notes as I refer back to them, Spitit Lifters, current bible study (we are finishing up 40 days in the word and have printables as well as a workbook from that), Church calendar, motivational passages/articles


Family/Household - This is similar to my planner but more detailed - will explain later


Tropical Vacation - this is in the event that something happens to me - the kids know where to look. In this I have copies of my will, DNR order, information on life insurance, etc. 


Holiday Planner - Anything that I will need to rely on for a particular holiday/birthday/anniversary. Also have decoration inventory for each holiday, Card list for Christmas cards - who I sent and who I received, grocery list and menu for Christmas Eve, Christmas Morning and main meal, Mail order/Internet order record (to keep track of when and who ordered for), Master gift list with sizes, colors, etc per person, A budget page and a journal for jotting down traditions that we do every year as well as things that did and didn't work at this holiday. 


Craft and Decorating Projects - Since I do several crafts and love decorating - this is my paper "Pinterest". I have pictures, tutorials, etc in this binder. (Actually have several as I have one for scrapping, cards, crocheting, and misc crafts).  By the way - my Pinterest account is:   http://pinterest.com/daysez/

Professional Organizer Guide - This is Maria's from www.getorganizednow.com  book that has all sorts of forms for Professional Organizers. It helped me when I started dabbling into organizing for others and definitely for myself. I was also able to put some of her ideas into play for my crafting business. (Neither which are active at this time - but plan to get back into it - economy permitting)

Medical - since I have been having major issues - really need to update this one. (When the kids and Grandkids were little - this was kept up to date - now that they are grown - they can keep their own if they want.)

I also keep a master notebook of all the pages I use. 


more to come........

No comments: