Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

As we are leaving the year 2007 and entering the year 2008 - at the store we are starting to prepare for inventory. Counting the current stock - reducing holiday "leftovers", reports to be turned in and stats to be updated and inventory to be discontinued and returned.

As I am mentally preparing myself for these tasks, I thought to myself - why not apply the same prinicples in our life. What a perfect time to do it. Set aside some time to examine and evaluate not only our homes but also our "personal" lives. What needs to be discontinued - things causeing clutter in our lives - friends that bring you down, items in your home that you don't "love" and therefore are a chore to take care of, etc.

What was missing in 2007 that you want to be a part of 2008? More scrapbooking, going back to school, finding your sole mate, renewing your relationship with God (or whomever you worship).

I challenge you to set a minimum of 5 goals for this coming year. Record them on a index card and stick them in a place you will see them daily. I plan to put mine on my mirror, another copy in my bible, another next to the coffee pot and one in my car. These are places that I am on a daily basis and will continue to see them.

Having goals in front of you - instead of locked away in your brain - where others can see them - gives you an instant cheering squad and that will be a motivator. Feel free to post them here so we can support each other as well.

Here's to a successful - Happy New Year

No comments: